Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BLOWING GLASS

Another weekend in the forest. So what did we do to keep it interesting? William and I went to a glass house and made hanging glass ball things (I don't really know what else to call them).

Mauth Germany is the home of Glasbläser kunst...a small shop where you can buy various handmade glass items OR with the help of Pavel and Vaclav, you can blow your own souvenir glass ball for 9 euro.




Here we are creating our masterpieces:

The final products
*Granny didn't go with us, but she wanted to hold my ball for a photo. And yes, she isn't wearing any pants. Love her.



9 comments:

Leslie said...

hahah grannys pic made me laugh!!! I love it.

ReadyOrNot said...

that is so cool! not that your granny is pants-free, but that you got to blow your own glass, lol!

Lin said...

Not only is glassblowing awesome but granny not wearing pants made this post SO much better!

haha, she's awesome.

Ashley Slater said...

now this is truly awesome. and I am not just saying that. I need to go to a class like this asap, it would be so fun! Thanks for visiting my little blog and entering the giveaway! I love new friends so I can't wait to read all about you!

following you back!

xo,
ashley

Kandice Breinholt said...

this is sooo cool!

Cecilia said...

super cool balls! and gotta love granny! hehe

Anonymous said...

i want to go to there!! and PS - i think grannyy is awesome, who needs to wear pants in a photo

Unknown said...

That looks awesome!! So fun!

An Apel a Day said...

We've blown glass before. It's super fun!!!!!!!