Friday, June 29, 2007

HIGH HEELS & INFOMERCIALS

Two thoughts for the day before I go off to work for the man...
#1 Last night I went to the gym pretty late at night -- a little after 1am. As I was about to leave, my new friend on the graveyard shift who doesn't even scan my card anymore because we're cool like that commented, "I've noticed you work your legs a lot when you come. You wouldn't have to if you wore high heels." I asked if he's ever tried to wear high heels himself implying it's not an easy task and then told him I don't have time to wear heels anyway. I then ended up staying there listening to him talk about how it is to live in Provo as a black man and how the police are always after him. BUT this made me think...maybe I should wear high heels when I exercise. I'm doin it tonight!
#2 While riding the bike at the gym I saw an infomercial for the Magic Knife III and thought 'Do people really watch these things on TV and order this junk?!' But after watching the ad for over 40 minutes and seeing all the things it can cut through (aluminum cans, rubber shoes, particle board...and then still slice so nicely through a hot loaf of bread or a tomato) I seriously wanted them. And if I would've ordered right then I would've got a whole second set free both for only 1 low payment of $39.99. That's right I could keep the second set for myself or give it away as a gift. Oh the money I could waste...I'm taking movies to the gym from now on.
xoxoxo

0 comments: