Sunday, September 28, 2014

WE ALL HAVE BAD DAYS

Honesty time:
I have had a few days recently where if I went to a store and the cashier asked how I was doing, I'd say I'm ok and then fight back tears. I didn't want to burden anyone so I have been hiking a lot and avoiding going to public places. I figure if I hike, no one will talk to me. Perfect.

Under the circumstances of events that have recently happened in my life (losing my brother AND a best friend from my life). I have felt unwanted, unloved, and unimportant. I am a smart girl. I think I have a strong understanding of my emotions. I know bad things happen to people all the time. Heck, even worse things happen to others. But still these feelings came to me. I know I am a daughter of God. I know we all have individual worth. I know things will work out. I know all of these things and so much more. I just maybe needed that reassurance that in a world that has a lot of bad things where horrible things happen, there are still good people out there. I am thankful for that. 

These tiny acts of kindness and numerous hugs from strangers have helped me see the world is beauty full. 
Thank you to the girl at the tanning salon who left me this note when I colored my hair too dark and  didn't want people to think I was depressed with my pasty white skin (don't judge me).
Thank you to Alex and Ani for the cute bangle and positive (+) energy.
Just making lemonade. every. day.
Thank you to friends who knew I needed a laugh or maybe a cupcake.
Thank you to the random lady who on my hike stopped and asked if I needed to talk, but understood I just needed a hug and someone to cry with me.
I encourage us all to reach out to others. Be the friend someone might need at that moment. Be the smile, shoulder to cry on, and hug that seems so little, but makes a world of difference. Be a little more kind, compassionate, and empathetic. Essentially, be a the best you and then reach a little farther. (Like those PE fitness tests where you get 3 chances to stretch because the teacher knows you need to warm up, stretch, and then you can reach just a LITTLE bit farther). 

I love the words in this Walls (Circus) song by Tom Petty. Give it a listen or read the lyrics below. We all have bad days. It's what we do with our bad days that counts. Loves.
Some days are diamonds
Some days are rocks
Some doors are open
Some roads are blocked

Sundowns are golden
Then fade away
....
Sometimes you're happy
Sometimes you cry
Half of me is ocean
Half of me is sky
....
Some things are over
Some things go on
Part of me you carry
Part of me is gone

2 comments:

Jenaya said...

This was just beautiful! I think about and pray for you often. Thank you for the reminder to look outside ourselves and our own struggles to help others in need. We're all in this together! Xoxo

Kristie said...

I had a bad stretch in my life. It lasted about a year or so and looking back it's really amazing that I even survived! Now I realize that what I used to consider bad days so not bad at all. I gained a little perspective. This too shall pass. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it but time waits for no man - as they say. Thinking of you. It's OK to cry (often). Take care! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.