Saturday, June 22, 2013

Zombie Chase

A 5k adventure race with zombies, obstacles, and a full moon in a real ghost town? COUNT. ME. IN. The Zombie Chase 5k was held in Eureka, UT, this year. 


Volunteering to be a zombie for the race was a great idea...

Volunteering to be a zombie at the end of the race where the zombies grab paintball guns and shoot you  for 3 hours was NOT such a great idea.

 It started out fun and we walked around getting shot walking like zombies. As the temperature dropped, the practice paintballs (which don't break as easily and those are the shots that hurt most) seemed to be flying faster and harder and we zombies were RUNNING from haystack to haystack to avoid getting hit.

 It was 1 AM when I got home and showered, but I'm pretty sure I counted 40+ welts on my body, 3 bruised fingers, 2 swollen wrists, and a goose egg on the top of my head.
Was it worth it? I dunno. But the race was super fun. Go here to find out more about it and be sure to sign up next year as either a zombie or runner...or maybe even a zombie runner.

0 comments: