Thursday, February 2, 2012

GOD HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR


It all started with that dang girl at Victoria's Secret. 

She was standing behind me in line and asked about a coupon I had in my hand for free panties. I wanted to just give her my coupon for some reason, but then remembered I had a text coupon on my cell for buy one get one free. I told her about it and she gave me her digits so I could forward it to her. I left the store.

If someone shared a code with me, I would text them back and say thanks. I received no text. This was bugging me all night that she seemed so ungrateful.

ALL I WANTED WAS A THANK YOU TEXT. Is that too much to ask.

So I decided to pray to appreciate things more.
Then people started cutting me off, bumping into me in stores and not apologizing or saying a simple 'excuse me', and just plain annoying me.

So I prayed again and asked
WHY ARE YOU PUTTING THESE ANNOYING PEOPLE IN MY LIFE WHEN I'M TRYING TO BE MORE APPRECIATIVE OF OTHERS? WHY?!

And then it hit me. I'm pretty sure God has a sense of humor. He answers our prayers...just maybe not the way we expect it. I don't want all of these rude people to cross my path, but it helps me appreciate it more when people are polite. Thanks.

LESSON LEARNED.

I should've learned from a previous experience when I prayed for patience.

7 comments:

Tom said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Another option may be that perhaps your text didn't go through (wrong number, spottie mall service)and she was thinking "how rude that girl never text me that coupon". Just an idea.

Lin said...

Well that was super nice of you to give her that coupon. People can be straight out rude sometimes but you bet karma will catch up to them eventually :)

Shanda said...

Way to put it into perspective!
I'm a new follower. Please drop by and visit if you have a chance

Ellen said...

God truly does have a sense of humor. I've learned to think about what I pray for knowing God will show up in His own way and timing.

Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading more of your posts.

peejay said...

truer words were never spoken, my friend. amen and amen.

Rachel said...

Oy. I get kind of annoyed when God outwits me like that sometimes... but then I realize that He gave me what I asked for. Then I get annoyed with myself.

Thankful that at least He pretends that He's amused :)