Wednesday, January 7, 2015

PROMPTINGS

I heard something in a lesson during church a few weeks ago and it has been on my mind so much since then. The teacher said every time we have a super spiritual experience, we will be tempted/tested before and after that event. It doesn't matter to me if you believe this is Satan, the universe, or some sort of karma, but the more I think and from recent experiences in my life, I believe this is true. It might not seem fair and can be tough, but we are stronger than we think. 

For me, I have been trying to heed good promptings instead. It might make me seem a little crazy, but if I get a feeling I should phone, text, or stop by to visit someone, I do it. I figure there must be a reason I'm having this feeling. I'll admit I try to put it off sometimes if it isn't convenient, but then that feeling comes back more intense. I might not save a person from jumping off a cliff or something super dramatic, but I just might cause a smile to cross someone's face by doing this. You know what, the experience could even just be to help me. I might not ever know, but I am thankful for the push to do good and look outside of myself. It helps me to (as the Primary song says) try to be like Jesus. I pray to have a life with no regrets and to love as much as possible.

Recently, I asked for help from someone. I think I knew what they would tell me. I just needed a reminder and more importantly, I needed to be humble enough to ask for help. That was big for me. 
I hope this post makes a little sense. I am going to end with lyrics from a John Michael Montgomery song that inspires me to just keep learning and loving this crazy life:

The longer I live the more I believe
You do have to give if you wanna receive
There's a time to listen, a time to talk
And you might have to crawl even after you walk
Had sure things blow up in my face
Seen the longshot, win the race
Been knocked down by the slamming door
Picked myself up and came back for more

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Deanna, I agree, it's amazing how the smallest thing can make the biggest difference to someone. :) My challenge to your readers would be people should look at other cars as being people, not just as obstacles, especially here in Utah! ;)
Hope all is well!
An old friend

Deanna said...

So good to hear from you! I'm lucky to have you in my life. Xo