Wednesday, November 19, 2008

DO OPPOSITES REALLY ATTRACT?

I was walking around, as I usually do here (I've put in some serious mileage) and I was thinking about that phrase. Maybe it's true for magnets but I don't think it works for people. I mean, I speak English and I want a boy who speaks English. The looks decent wagon didn't pass me by and I look for the same in a dude. I like to be active and don't think I could stand dating someone who only watched tv. The list could go on. But then I've never really had a relationship end in happily ever after so maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Paula Abdul was right after all. Maybe just maybe opposites really do attract.

4 comments:

Britt said...

you're right and wrong :) you gotta have your "NEEDS" and your "WANTS"...and when it comes to WANTS, you'll find someone who has some of them, but thinks/feels/acts completely different in others. did that make sense? anyway, joe and i (among other things) like the same music and love to dress casual. but he likes watching films with subtitles and i like taco bell. see?

molly said...

I agree with the "opposites attract" notion - or maybe that's just my masochistic nature. That being said, I wouldn't turn to Paula for any other sort of advice. as a side note, her "opposite" in that video, if I remember correctly, was an animated jungle cat. Probably not what you're going for.

Unknown said...

The "looks decent wagon" eh? Personally, I think it's probably best to do the exact opposite of what Paula Abdul suggests, but hey, I could be wrong too. It's bound to happen at some point in my life.

Anonymous said...

Britt, I don't think that relationship with Joe is going to stand the test of time.