Monday, October 20, 2014

TRUE LOVE

Love is a feeling of deep devotion, concern, and affection.
I'm Deanna...I try to love everybody. It's true.
But I think I have been afraid to be IN love...until recently. I have opened my heart to the idea of nurturing true love as described in this talk by Marvin J. Ashton. He says:

True love is a process.
True love requires personal action.
Love must be continuing to be real.
Love takes time. Too often expediency, infatuation, stimulation, persuasion, or lust are mistaken for love. 
Real love takes time, patience, help, and continuing performances. 
Meaningful love is a continuing process that will bring joy and happiness to all participating parties.

I am not a very good impulse buyer when I go shopping so, obviously, I wouldn't be able to just give my heart away to anybody who asks for it. I needed time to grow, learn, and feel like I was ready for love. I have learned love is enduring. Love will stick by your side through the good, bad, and ugly life throws your way. Love will also stick by your side when you tell it to go away (even if that means 4 or 400 years). Love will forgive you for your mistakes and grow stronger with you as you progress together. Love will laugh with you (probably because you are the funniest person you know). Love knows all about you and wants to learn more. Love will blow your mind.

In the talk, MJA continues to say:
...we need and deserve more than the declaration, "I love you." Let us resolve to take the time to give of ourselves in putting love into appropriate action and performance. Those who truly understand love know it must be basically simple, continuing, and sincere.

Sometimes love knows when you need space and will give it. True love will be waiting (and ready to return) when you are ready. True love is real.

Deanna loves you xo

0 comments: