It's winter and the weather is turning cold. This means it's time to drink more orange juice, bundle, and avoid getting sick. But we can't always control our health, right. I have info on a cool new app. Intermountain Healthcare has developed a free new mobile app, called “Intermountain Health Hub,” which is an all-in-one tool that makes managing healthcare easier. It gives users many different features designed to simplify the entire healthcare experience, including the “Germ Tracker”, “Instacare wait times” and “Bill Pay” while on the go. The app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store and Google Play here.
What exactly can you do in the app? Here are 10 features and benefits the new app provides:
· GermWatch: Find out how prevalent various germs are in Utah, and see how their activity level is trending. Learn about symptoms, how germs are spread, treatments, vaccinations, and when you should contact your doctor.
· InstaCare and KidsCare urgent care centers: Hold your place in line before you arrive and compare wait times by Utah location. Also find KidsCare after-hours clinics in Utah and information for making appointments.
· My Health: Users can access the password-protected My Health patient portal, where they can securely message their Intermountain doctor, check lab results and other parts of their medical records with Intermountain Healthcare, and review benefits and claims.
· First aid: Get first aid tips for common injuries such as sprains, burns, cuts, etc.
· Prescription refills: Request refills at Intermountain pharmacies and check the status of prescription requests.
· Symptoms: Search for adult or child/baby symptoms by key word, body area, or alphabetically by topic. Find out when you should see a doctor or call 911. Learn about self-care options.
· Doctors: Find doctors by name, specialty, hospital, clinic, location, and save your doctors to your
“favorites” list for quick reference later.
· Locations: Find Intermountain hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies near you. Then you can save your favorites for quick reference later.
· Pay bills: Easily pay Intermountain Healthcare bills by credit card or eCheck.
· Send wishes: Send cards with personalized messages directly to patients you might know in Intermountain hospitals.
We all live on our cell phones, might as well make sure you are keeping track of your health too with this app. For information on other Intermountain Healthcare mobile apps, visit http://www.Intermountain.com/mobile.
To encourage you to download the app, here is a giveaway for a $250 Target gift card:
a Rafflecopter giveaway