Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Schloss Thurn Ritterspiele

We went to a crazy German theme park called Schloss Thurn Ritterspiele
(don't ask me to translate that)
I thought it was a place all about knights and castles. However, it kinda was the strangest place because it had a little bit of every park I've ever been to.

castle entrance
western shows/ghost town
 train ride & space ride above our heads
 log ride
 knights

 jousting match/show
 strange animals/zoo

I'm not sure if it was intended to be a petting zoo (but some of the animals were close enough and this little guy was too cute)
little houses with creepy (small world type) talking, fairy tale characters
 random obstacle course
 bumper boats

 paddle boats (in a pond with a huge fountain we couldn't seem to steer clear from)

 magical swan ride
 one roller coaster

 one carnival type game
 and plenty of delicious treats
(oh how I love pretzel dogs!)

Kinda strange place, right?
Things they should change:
1. I know it's in Germany, but NOBODY speaks and NOTHING is written in English (you might get a few more foreign visitors if you change that)
2. all drinks are in heavy glass bottles (not kid friendly)
3. they only take cash and don't have an ATM around
4. That Dinolino theme song you play over the loudspeakers is annoying and made me want to punch Dinolino if I ever saw him

0 comments: