Monday, August 20, 2012

AN AMSTERDAM GOOD TIME

I was offered a free weekend so I bought a ticket and 3 hours later
I took a midnight train going anywhere...
(by anywhere I mean Amsterdam and it was really a bus)
 165 canals, 1,281 bridges, 2500 houseboats, and over 600,000 bikes...welcome to Amsterdam

Just a few people ride bikes here...

Made some friends. We got lost and crashed a hen party
Met Eddie, Holland's best accordion player
Caught a concert in the canals
Viewed the city from the Hilton Skylounge
Laughed all night
Found NEMO
(the science museum...not the fish)
Loved this spot


 Sat in a shoe
Got some windmills moving
 Ate some Vlaamse Frites (with holland mayo)
 Chilled with Anne Frank
 Hung out in Rembrandt's house
Sampled some cheese (2 year old Gouda YUM YUM)
 Enjoyed the canals at night
Had Dutch apples near the red light district
(I'm a gimmicky tourist like that)
And had an Amsterdam good time!

1 comments:

Lin said...

I'm so jealous of your life. Who the heck gets up & goes to Amsterdam on a spur of the moment trip? Only you, lucky duck.