Wednesday, June 24, 2009

NEW IN TOWN


Last night, I went to the Plzen Plaza to see the movie New in Town. I'm not the biggest Renee Zellweger fan but I liked this movie because:
1. Renee's character Lucy had an amazing wardrobe (love that plaid coat and her heels).
2. Harry Connick, Jr...enough said.
3. It played in English and had CZ subtitles so there were certain parts where I was the only one in the theater laughing because you can't really translate the joke and have it be as funny. Examples:
Blanche is giving hints to the ingredients of her tapioca pudding and says it's mostly something and whey. Another lady says, "No way!" and Blanche responds with, "Yes, whey!" And then there is the sign in the background at the cafe towards the end that reads Fish Fry Fri. I love the English language!
4. I often feel the way Lucy felt towards the factory workers in her little Minnesota town, dontcha know. I just love and appreciate people and new places for their uniqueness. Every time I travel I fall in love with the area and leave a little piece of my heart there. (Tulsa...little piece, Ireland...little piece, Utah and California...kind of a bigger piece, Czech...little piece, Mexico...little piece, and so forth.)
Which reminds me of an awesome quote that was shared with me by my friend LaRee from St. Augustine that says: "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Followed up by a thought from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”

Enough sappy talk--go see the movie.

3 comments:

danleifson said...

I can totally relate to being the only one laughing because everyone else is reading the subtitles... I saw The Hangover last night here in Reykjavik and, well, somethings just can't translate. Hope you're doing awesome! Czeck you later.

Shea McGee said...

so glad you reminded me about this movie! it's going to the top of the netflix queue!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was cute. Good ole Harry C.. she's not my fav,though.