Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I DO NOT EAT RED M&M'S


Here is the reason why:

1976, due to public controversy surrounding a particular red food coloring, red M&M'S® Chocolate Candies were removed from the traditional color mix.

1971, a Russian study linked cancer to Red No. 2, and consumerists in the U.S. stepped up pressure on the FDA to ban the dye.

1987, red was returned to the traditional M&M'S® color mix due to overwhelming request from consumers.

Sure, it's a different dye but I still don't trust em...epecially the Valentine's or Christmas bags. Yikes.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure you can live in fear for the rest of your life, but hey, what kind of world would it be with a over proponderance of red m&ms? First, anarchy, then, ?

Jaimee said...

Love the hair, love the pics, love the bum shots and love that your so exentric especially w/red m&m's, I just love you! Been missing your posts glad to see some finally-what am I talking about I havn't updated mine in over a week too! oh well!

michelle said...

ME EITHER !!! I still won't red m&m's!!!!!!

Deanna said...

and I just saw the bag of death the other night...all red "cherry" M&Ms giant size bag. oh Lordy, be careful with that one consumers.
xoxoxo

jeff said...

Pansy.

Jenni said...

and if you thought red #2 was scary, just wait until you hear about red #40. I'm trying to wean this house off artificial colors...it's a loooong slow battle (Dave's not helping!)
Oh, btw, i'm Dave's wife.
Hi!

Deanna said...

red dye 40...that's used in maraschino cherries (no more hot fudge sundaes with a cherry on top I guess). My high school girl friend always told me she thought those were part of a government conspiracy anyway.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

You should try to eat the british smarties instead that now only contain natural dyes. They can't find a natural blue so they have white..might take a while to get used to it!

Anonymous said...

JUNO