Monday, January 28, 2008

WE THANK THEE, O GOD, FOR A PROPHET


Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet and president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, passed away last night at age 97. I received the news through several text messages while at work.
President Hinckley was the man! click here to read all the amazing things he accomplished in his many years on this earth. If I could do like 8.9% of all of his accomplishments, I'd be the raddest girl you knew. He was incredible. I was able to attend the Draper Temple groundbreaking ceremony in 2006 with my black girlfriend Michelle, Pres. Hinckley, and the Twelve and it was an experience I'll never forget.

We thank thee, O God, for a Prophet
To guide us in these latter days;
We thank thee for sending the Gospel
To lighten our minds with its rays.

On a side note, if I die soon I want the songs If I Ever Leave This World Alive by Flogging Molly and Baby Blue by George Strait played at my funeral. I also don't want everybody to be sitting around crying. Sure, put up an open mic and everybody can say good things about me...if you can't think of any go ahead and make some up. Then throw in some greased pig wrestling and pizza or something. And put together a slideshow because I have lots of photos from this world, that's for sure.
xoxoxo

0 comments: