Saturday, January 26, 2008

SUN-DANCING WITH THE STARS

.............PART 1...........

"Just heard about some music festival you have there today on the news. What is this?" What?! I received that text from my friend Wayne in England. How could he possibly have heard about the Sundance Film Festival in Utah all the way in England?! I had to find out more. So I put on my snow boots, wool coat, and hat and packed up the crew to find out how big the Sundance Film Festival really is...PARK CITY HERE WE COME.





FIRST NIGHT (Saturday, Jan 19, 2008)
David Rampton came all the way from Cali to hit the scene. Senses telling me it might be big. Patrice, Jenny Baum, and I meet Dane, Danny Wilson, Katie G, Patrick, Jessica Brothers, and some other girl friend for sushi on Main Street after parking at Deer Valley and shuttling down. OK so parking signs are out...doesn't mean it's big just means it's crowded. After dinner with our lovely waiter Will (who had amazing hair... so amazing I asked permission to touch it), we grabbed some hot chocolate and went to get numbers to wait to buy tickets to see a movie at midnight...that was a mouth full. Met some boys along the way from Estonia, Latvia, and Oregon all in town JUST for the festival. OK learned some phrases from their various native tongue. As we were waiting for the film to start we went inside a mall to stay warm. The power went out on Main. The bets started among the girls to sell our kisses for $1 to strangers (a great way to pay for the $10 movie ticket in my opinion and to meet new people). Final score- deanna: $4.25, a slice of pizza, and a wristband to a party hosted by Quicksilver. Other girls: $0. Looks like deanna wins again. Once we escaped the wait line run by friendly staff Eric and John McNally, we made it in to the theater to see the show The Broken (yes my movie was paid for by the end of the night). Good gosh the only thing scarier than the film we saw were the people on the same row who wouldn't move down 1 seat to allow me to sit with my friends. One seat! And they wouldn't move their legs for me to get by to sit on the other side of them...beasts! However, it proved to be to my advantage because as I walked around the row I made friends with two lovely fellows sitting in front of me who got my digits. There really are people like that out there...

1 comments:

Jaimee said...

I would of made those jerks move for you D! That is so rude. But hey you got some hookups so not so bad I guess, it just still erks me that they were so rude;) So I like the picks, you have some good lookin friends in Provo - good job! Dated any of them ;) xoxoxoxo