Monday, October 10, 2011

LAUGHING GAS


I have a new dentist who offers laughing gas to patients at no extra charge.
Deanna on gas can get a little funny...and I've been visiting him a lot lately.

1st visit
Dentist to assistant: I need a diamond.
deanna: A diamond?!
Dentist: it's a drill.
deanna: a grill?! Like a black person?!
*The assistant said she would make a note in my file to not give me gas on my next visit.

2nd visit
After leaving the office, I went through a 2 hour series of laughing hysterically and then crying (tears included) because I didn't know why I was laughing. I'm pretty sure that happened 5 times. I might have even walked into a wall or two trying to walk out of the office.
*The dentist told me he gave me 15% more oxygen and turned it on earlier to bring me back to normal faster.

3rd visit
*A new assistant asked if I wanted the gas. My head said no, but my mouth told her yes.
The dentist put some sort of rubber piece over my mouth which I later found out is called a rubber dam.
deanna: Is that a whoopee cushion on my face?
assistant: No, it's just there to help keep things from getting in our work space.
deanna: Ok...so why is there a whoopee cushion on my face?

*The new assistant said she's never seen it affect someone as much as it does when I come in. Lucky me!
I have at least one more visit coming up. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Lin said...

Haha, dont lie, you know you're messing your teeth up on purpose just to visit the dentist ;)

Mary said...

Very funny! I loved reading your posts. I have never had a dentist that offered laughing gas. I wonder how it would affect me?