Thursday, February 6, 2014

YOGA SWEAT

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I believe some people are made to do yoga and some are not. If you watched me when I first put on the Yoga Sweat DVD, you might have politely told me to try another form of exercise. 
Julie Schoen (yoga trainer, author, founder of yoginiology.com, and the lady in the video) looks fantastic and does the moves with ease. Deanna (mean Reese's Peanut butter cup milkshake maker, dog walker, and kinda lazy lately) looked more like an elephant trying to tiptoe.
I'm not posting any photos of me because my dog does more graceful poses than I do.

I know from other experience that stretching is super good for your body. I get a lot of knots in my shoulders and my body really lets me know when I have been slacking with exercise/stretching. So I thought why not give yoga a try?
I am an absolute beginner! I was able to follow along pretty well with the 10-minute warm-up (and it really did warm me up). The first 30-minute workout came on and the instructor goes a little fast. I'm sure it will get easier once I learn the poses. I realize it isn't so repetitious as an aerobic routine video where you do a small move a bunch of times in a row so you can catch on after the first couple. The moves are all named off as they are performed on the DVD. I've never heard chaturanga, dandasana, upward facing dog, downward dog, eagle in the nest, warrior 2, hopper step forward, offer the heart, etc. It was a little intimidating (like a foreign language). DON'T GIVE UP! You will get it. Practice makes perfect. The second 30-minute workout was more my style and KILLER for the core (you'll feel it in the legs, glutes, arms, and back too--no worries). To end, there is a nice 10-minute cool-down that helps with your breathing (in savasana) and is full of stretches that I am already familiar with from previous stretching in PE classes from high school.
It is supposed to be powerful and fun yoga for weight loss and beginnersdon't let the intensity scare you. Don't give up on it. I have no doubt this 80-minute yoga DVD is great for losing weight, toning your body from head to toe, and working out in an effective way. #namaste

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments: