Thursday, November 15, 2012

KIND...er

I went to Colorado last weekend with a bus full of the craziest people from Utah I've ever met. Not like crazy cool. I'm ashamed to say I was annoyed by them. I came home from the trip and the next night I watched the film The Perks of Being a Wallflower and bawled through the whole thing. Not like got teary eyed and sniffled once. No, I cried like a baby. I went to the bathroom after the show and looked in the mirror and my eyes were red, my mascara and eye liner were long gone, and I looked like I had taken a beating type crying.

#1 I just wanted to hug the character Charlie and be his friend. #2 I felt so terrible for having a bad attitude and hating those f-ers on the bus. Then on Sunday, the lesson in church was about kindness. Perfect. So I thought maybe I should pray to be more kind. WHOA...hold on. A big "CAUTION! ABORT! CAUTION! ABORT!" alarm went off in my head and I realized I was NOT going to pray for kindness because last time I prayed for patience people started cutting me off, taking forever to do things, etc. I believe God has a sense of humor and when we ask for something, He WILL give it to us...just maybe not the way we want. So I didn't pray for kindness. Instead, I decided to try to be more kind on my own. So you have my permission to punch me in the shoulder if you hear me say something mean.