Thursday, November 1, 2012

CHRISTMAS ORANGES

I was given the opportunity to watch the film Christmas Oranges. Don't worry, I'm not forgetting about Thanksgiving and the month of November. 

PLOT: Based on a popular children’s book written by Linda Bethers, the movie tells the story of Rose, the most perfect orphan you could ever imagine. She is forced to leave the care of kind Mrs. Hartley (after a deadly battle of influenza hits the residents) to the more strict setting of another orphanage called Irongates. Mr. Crampton, Irongates headmaster, enforces harsh punishments for his strict rules every day of the year except Christmas. Every Christmas, Mr. Crampton's more jovial brother, Joe, brings the gift of oranges to the children. Rose has never smelled an orange previous to this time and cannot wait for the gift, but runs the risk of losing her chances by repeatedly breaking Mr. Crampton's rules. Will she get her chance to touch a real orange? You'll have to watch to find out!

The acting was a bit cheesy in the film, but as Mr. Crampton gets touched by the spirit of Christmas, I must admit I got a little teary. What?! That never happens. Something must have fallen in my eye. 

There is a limited Utah theatrical run of this film in theaters November 2-8 and the DVD will be released November 9, 2012.

1 comments:

Jana H. said...

The girls I watch love this movie. I'll have to check it out since I've heard such good things about it.