Sunday, February 7, 2010

WORDS


Just by chance, I flipped to these two verses in Proverbs 15:1-2 today while I was distracted in church (actually I randomly scrolled to it on my ipod touch...technology is so cool):

1 A soft word turneth away wrath; but grievous words stir up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright; but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

It reminded of the wise advice Gordon B. Hinckley shared when he counseled to "Only say things that are kind, necessary, and true."

Maybe I needed this reminder this very weekend. Maybe the Lord works in mysterious ways to teach us what we need to hear. Maybe even though the word 'b*tch' may SEEM true, it isn't kind OR necessary to say. Ugh...so much to improve.

2 comments:

sandy said...

Nice one yar, Good posting. Your blog is really very nice

Heather S. said...

Um, obviously Heather (me) needed this reminder. I have been bad, bad, bad lately at gossiping and poorly speaking of others. Slap on the hand taken and I will now do my best to follow the prophets and scriptures. THANKS!