Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT SYRUP

Don't go through life, grow through life.

I read this quote today from Eric Butterworth. Who is this fellow? I've never heard his name. The only Butterworth I've heard of is the lady who generously makes my pancakes taste deliciously thick, rich and sweet. As I found more from him, I realized I'm not talking about syrup with this guy. Here's a few more I enjoyed:

*We don't change what we are, we change what we think what we are.
*Your fortune is not something to find but to unfold.
*On human levels of consciousness one may emphasize getting and having as the prime goals, in spiritual consciousness he seeks the way of giving and being.
*The great piano virtuoso Paderewski was once playing before an audience of the rich and the royal. After a brilliant performance, an elegant lady waxed ecstatic over the great artist. She said, “Ah Maestro, you are a genius!” Paderewski tartly replied, “Ah yes, madam, but before I was a genius I was a clod!” What he was saying was that his present acclaim was not handed to him on a silver platter. He, too, was once a little boy laboriously practicing his scales. And even at his peak, behind every brilliant performance there were countless hours of practice and preparation.

3 comments:

Devon said...

Those are terrific quotes! And the dinner you made looks delicious! I can't believe you're not married with that kind of meal...now that the picture is online though, you're going to be getting e-mail proposals galore! ;) It looks really good....are you going to post the recipe?

Jeff said...

I like all these quotes. I also like syrup.

Deanna said...

Devon, an even better way to make it:
pound out some chicken breasts, put some ham and swiss cheese slices on top, roll it up, stick a toothpick in it to keep it together, then let it cook and simmer in a pan with Campbell's cream of asparagus (or broccoli depending on your preference) soup. Sooo yummy!
xoxoxo
PS Jeff you can have your quotes and eat your syrup too.