Sunday, March 29, 2015
I ams who I says I ams.
Life is mostly awesome, but some days can really suck. I won't lie about that. Sometimes those sucky days can even turn into months. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. I have let those days/months weigh me down. That doesn't mean I can't learn from my mistakes, headbutt hard trials in the face, and move forward. Same goes for you. Chin up, head on straight, courage out, and stand tall--it's time to rock life.
I am just me...and I am going to be the best me possible.
Saturday, March 28, 2015
Utah likes to put letters on the mountains representing various cities or schools throughout the state. It's fun. I decided to hike to the Y with a friend to show my Cougar spirit for BYU.
I've done this hike before. I can definitely tell a difference when I was a good runner girl back in the day from this trip. Let's just say I stopped to enjoy the view a few extra times this round.
But you try to say no to this view...
Monday, March 23, 2015
The right man will love you unconditionally, be loyal, and always be happy to see you.
Oh wait...that's my dog.
My dog does that.
Whoever said a girl's best friend is diamonds obviously never owned a dog.
(I'll still take diamonds if offered though.)
My friend Joe invited me for a photo shoot with a fun group of aspiring photographers at the Bonneville Salt Flats (near the Utah/Nevada border like 5 min from Wendover). It's a super cool place. Here are a few of the shots I borrowed from others at the event:
the drive across the flats
Someone brought some Chinese lanterns for us to light up the sky.
It was really magical.
A few peeps camped and stayed up until the wee hours of the night to get some cool light and star pictures.
To see more shots, search the hashtag #saltflatsinstameet2015 on instagram.
Friday, March 20, 2015
Today is the first day of Spring. This means it's time to pack your winter products away and get ready for warmer weather. So what are my new Spring essentials?
1. Since the winter hats are packed, it's time for braids and pony tails. I am always looking for ways to make my hair healthier. My newest product is Hairsentials by Flawless Botanics. It is a scientifically formulated biotin, vitamin, and nutrient complex that contains 22 vital active ingredients for fast hair growth. This daily formula helps to nourish thinning hair while promoting your existing hair growth by feeding your hair from the base of the follicle, giving you thicker, fuller hair. Root to tip nourishment sounds fabulous to me! #hairsentials
2. I know I should always drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, but it is super important as the weather gets warmer. The coolest and yummiest way to do this in my opinion is with a fruit infuser water bottle. This particular bottle holds 26 oz, is BPA & Lead Free, and made in the USA. How do you make delicious, natural fruit flavored beverages? Fill the bottle with water, add your favorite fruit (I put strawberries inside this one), close the lid, shake, and ENJOY! You can also refrigerate overnight for an enhanced infusion if you would like. It totally makes your daily water intake so yummy. #InfuserWaterBottle
3. Spring means lighter, more delicate clothing. After you wear these items, you need to wash them. How do you save your expensive blouses, hosiery, bras and underwear from snagging or knotting in the washer? I have been using the WashGuard lingerie bags for laundry. This ultra fine, zippered wash bag is made of a high quality polyester mesh blend that protects fabric and is safe to use in all wash cycles and with all detergents.
The medium-sized laundry bag measures approximately 12 x 16 inches (great for camisoles, blouses, skirts, dresses, scarves, and socks. The large-sized bag measures approximately 15 x 20 inches (great for everything the medium bag is designed for as well as sweaters, small throws, fine bedding, baby blankets, and more.
4. Since you will most likely be outside enjoying the weather more, you need to make sure your cell battery lasts. For those of ya'll with the latest apple technology, this iPhone 6 battery case provides up to 14 extra hours of talk time and 10 hours browsing time while also protecting your phone. This case is MFi CERTIFIED. This means it will be 100% compatible with iOS 8, all future iOS upgrades, and all iPhone 6 functions. If you click the link in this post, you can get 2 free bonuses with purchase (an extra, clear bumper frame for the case and an audio jack extender). Also, it isn't huge and bulky. #iphone6vaxza
5. Finally, don't forget to get your pets ready for the change in weather as well. Amber Crown sells flea and tick collars for your dogs and cats. They use genuine Baltic amber from Lithuania (super cool because I've been there) with an adjustable leather strap. The collars are 100% chemical free and safe for humans and animals. Amber is natural tree resin fossilized in millions of years.
It works in two ways:
• when worn on pet, the friction from their fur releases aromatic terpines from amber that repels ticks and fleas.
• static electricity generated when amber is rubbed against pet's fur makes parasites uncomfortable and unable to cling to hairs. #ambernecklace
Want to win a few of these of products to try yourself? Enter on the Rafflecopter form below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Sunday, March 15, 2015
Birthday parties are all about getting the entire family together...
and hoping the police don't get called.
Happy birthday dad (sorry for the noise and mess GC).
Monday, March 9, 2015
I have been babysitting this week and had the opportunity to get 4 tickets to see the Disney On Ice Let's Celebrate show.
So I packed up the kiddies and off we went to find our Disney side.
The show was full of lots of familiar characters,
And don't forget about the souvenirs.
Way to go, Disney cast!